Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekend Report - I Am the Corporate Drone!

Good day, my lords and ladies, knights and squires, horses and... never mind.
 
For those of you who know me not, I am known in this electronic world as Gridley, famed for my masterful stating of the obvious, my broadsword-like wit and my rapier-like strength.
 
I'm filling in this week for randomgirl because I have an impressive resume - after all, I have my own blog at: http://gridleythoughts.blogspot.com/ . (End shameless plug.)
 
Actually, it was probably because when you need three weeks of guest bloggers in a hurry you can't be too picky.
 
But, on to the weekend report.
 
Like all good Boeing 787 engineers I spent Saturday morning in the office taking advantage of the relatively faster databases and network. Well, normally they are faster. I did spend a little time on the shop floor looking at the overhead crew rest modules that were recently built - did you know that 777 aircraft (and 787's, once we get them built) can have bunks in the overhead (the "crown" for those in the airplane business) above the seats?
 
Saturday afternoon and evening I did some reading, and, well, that was about it.
 
Sunday I worked on my fanfic a bit, read some more of Chamber of Secrets for reference material, and got a sudden and irresistible desire to watch Stalag 17 (black and white war/drama movie). This was a little awkward because I didn't own it, blockbuster claimed they had it but didn't, and Best Buy didn't carry it. So I drove about 10 miles to another mall to get a copy. Obsessive? Me? Nah.
 
Fear not, randomgirl will return with interesting weekend reports soon enough.

--
And a time for every purpose under Heaven
Gridley, signing off

No comments: