Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nervous Nelly

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Life is really interesting right now. I know I've mentioned it before, but we're going through pay cuts here at the school. In addition to that they announced on June 30th that they were going to be doing layoff's of at least 7 people, but most likely 11 people.

Originally they told us they would make a decision by June 15th, and inform everyone at that time. However they changed the timeline so we don't find out about who's getting laid off until June 21st. Woot!

Talk about a lack of motivation. How are you supposed to concentrate on all of those things you need to do to get ready for next year when you aren't even sure that you'll be around. I'm telling you that they know who they are laying off. They just can't tell us yet. Why make 58 people nervous, rather than just telling the 11.

In addition to that, things are happening around my family. I was looking at apartments, now I'm trying to figure out how to deal with the fact that I will probably be under my parents roof until I get married. I was looking at taking a few classes here, now I'm frantically searching the job boards.

Anyone else gone through or going through layoff's? Any thoughts about how to keep my spirits up?


Print Page

No comments: