Monday, March 26, 2007

Jealousy of people I hate

The theme of the week has been jealousy of people I don't like. I have decided that hate is to strong of a word for any of these people...they haven't actually done anything to me...not anything of relevance.

Someone I know is spending time in a foreign country, volunteering with the underpriviledged there. And, to be quite honest, I'm jealous. Reading about her experiences makes me wonder what I am doing with my life...and I DON'T EVEN LIKE HER! In fact, I dislike the very thought of her... I know the main reason why she decided to go/could go was because she had nothing else going on... at least that's what I'm telling myself about her cool adventures.

I went out to lunch with my sister and my Aunt on Saturday...it was a great day. We get tot he restaurant, and after we sit down a few friends of ming from High School sit down a few seats away. These are girls whom I DON'T LIKE! And as I sit there trying to make myself invisible (so I don't have to say hello) I am instantly jealous of their ability to have remained friends. I LOVE the friends I have...don't get me wrong...I just wish that I had more female friends. I realized in that moment that the only friend that I still have (in true reality) from high school is a boy who wants to have sex with me. AWESOME!

It has been a great week. It seems to be a year ago when I saw my friends from CMU and was in Phoenix. This week I was busy and enjoyed work. I went out with friends, and out on a few dates. I had a crisis, and I not only survived...I think I triumphed!!

I'm going to the gym...that's right folks! Be proud!

2 comments:

David said...

I am jealous of you that you have to go out of your way to come up with things to not like about people.

Gridley said...

Weren't you the one just the other day reminding me that "the grass is always greener"?

I think the problem of jealousy is that we percieve ways in which someone's life is better than ours while failing to percieve the ways in which our life is better than theirs.

Yet another reason I wish we had better control over our emotions.