Friday, June 1, 2007

new Roommate, more kickball and disapearing friends

So....my new roommate moved in yesterday. While I was reasonably excited about this, I've been thrown a few curveballs. In the past 24 hours (in truth she hasn't lived here even that long) she:

  1. Forgot to lock the door when she went to bed.
  2. Took dishes out of the sink and put them on the counter...????
  3. slept on the floor in a sleeping bag, but moved in with soap detergent...??
  4. Forgot to lock the door on her way out- while I was sleeping
  5. Put the ugliest zebra print fuzzy pillow in the living room. OH MY G-D!

Perhaps I am being to hard on her....I just don't understand. Hopefully things will work out fine-all will be well.

On another note kickball has gone from relaxed issues and drinking to tension, winning/loosing, and drama! My Studio kickball team has broken up into two different teams: the Pandamoniums and Grey Austin's Conservatory. One is the 'fun laid-back let's not really win' team, the other is the 'competitive let's have practice team.' I want to be competitive, but practice just dosen't work for me.... I'm a little annoyed that there has to be a division. But I'll be in Europe for most of the season...let the chips fall where they may.

HALLIE STERN! CALL ME! Goodness gracious...I KNEW this was going to happen. While in Florida- she called me back. Now New York has gotten a hold of her, and like Caitlin before her, her cell phone has stopped working, land-lines only call within the city and her facebook account doesn't log-in. She has ceased to exist to the outside of NY world. **okay, okay**

I'm a bit dramatic. But really- I was totally not ready for Hallie to leave- and have my good roommate move out on top of that. I need my girlfriends back! Who else can I talk to about the fact that for some reason I can only seem to find guys who are almost 30...or over 30?

Okay- I guess that's all for now. i'm looking forward to Israel, Jordan, Turkey and Greece. Excited about a new world to conquer.

9 comments:

David said...

whats wrong with guys over 30?

Raising Them Jewish said...

Apparently nothing, since I'm dating a few...

Gridley said...

There's nothing inherently wrong with guys over thirty. By the old "half his age plus seven years" the appropriate age for a girl dating a 30 year old guy is 22.

Sorry about your roommate/friend woes. You'd think with all these ways to stay in touch it would be easier, wouldn't you?

Are your plans for Europe firmed up? When are you going? (And when are you getting back?)

David said...

I've never heard of a "half his age plus 7" rule

will said...

where is she from? a lot of people are not that concerned about locking doors (especially if there is someone else in the house) if they are originally from a smaller community. just talk to her about it; don't see any reason she should be offended by this.

2. when there are dishes in the sink, you cannot use it. when the dishes are on the counter, you can use the sink (plus it makes the piles look bigger and will inspire you to wash them sooner). i'm on her side for this one.

3. is soap detergent some strange mixture of soap and detergent? i'm confused. some people just have priorities different from yours. maybe she is obsessed with cleanliness? that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

4. there is no excuse for fuzzy zebra print anything.

in general if she hasn't yet brought over any nihilists for group sex or started dealing crack out of the bathroom i think you're doing pretty well for a total-stranger-roommate. chill out and learn to appreciate the differences; and if something really bothers you, just tell her.

hope all is well

will

Raising Them Jewish said...

You're right Will- she is a really nice girl. Her personal decorating may need some work- but she's sweet...

Cait said...

Hey. Woah. Breathe, Izzy.

I'm sorry you feel like I've dissapeared. I'm here, just feeling very overwhelmed lately. I also changed my phone number. I thought I included you in the email about that.

646-291-7510

Bring on the stalkers...

I'm sorry I've totally dissapeared. But trust me. NY hasn't sucked me in. Actually, its the opposite. All of my energy has been focused on leaving this smelly city for the summer. On Saturday, I head to Pittsburgh. Then Prague, then back to the burgh. So I'm pretty much non-existant for everyone until I can get my wheels back on the ground.

Raising Them Jewish said...

I'm sorry hon- It's totally not you.

Let me say the thing I haven't: Hallie moved away (there goes one of my BEST female friends)

My roommate moved out (another female friend).

I'm just frustrated by my inability to keep and sustain female friendships. It seems that each time I get one really going- they leave. It's not that you've left, or that Hallie's left; but it certainly is harder when neither of you (or Shannon for that matter) are in my daily life.

I didn't mean to make you feel bad- it was a stressful week of feeling like I just couldn't connect with a girl when I needed to.

Anonymous said...

Hi Random Girl, My name is
"HALLIE STERN", sorry, not the one you were looking for. I'm guessing I'm just about old enough to be your mom. But in representation of all Hallie Sterns from NY, some of us do exist to the rest of the world. I'm just sorry she gave us a bad name.
It's been a year since you made these postings, I hope you enjoyed your trip to Israel, Jordan etc.
Be well and remember, not all Hallie's forget their friends. :)