Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

So this is supposed to be my first Tip Tuesday! And, while I am really excited, I also am a little nervous. So, since it's 4th of July, I'll give some ideas about how to make 4th of July go well.

  1. Do whatever feels good to you. Your 4th of July dosen't have to include fireworks or a BBQ. It could be a movie with someone special, a hike in the afternoon, anything to celebrate Independance.
  2. Remember that the day is about being free in America. There is nothing I hate more than people who look at 4th of July as just another day off from work. Celebrate the fact that you can celebrate freely.
  3. Red, White and Blue. I am a HUGE fan of really wearing those colors. I say there is no overboard!
  4. Avoid political conversations. they seem to be realy rampant around this holiday. Don't get sucked in...acknowledge that today you can be patriotic and no one will be angry with you (or think you're Pro-Bush!)
  5. Experiment with food. There's more to a grill than hot dogs and hamburgers. Yes, there is more than even the occasional steak. Try shrimp, veggies (zuchinni, peppers, onions) or tofu. Yes Tofu on the grill...not so bad if you've tried it.

Well- I'm not sure that any of this post is really what I was going for when I thought about Tip Tuesday. To be honest, I was allowed to leave the office 17 minutes ago, and am quite desperate to GET THE HECK out of dodge.

So, I guess I'll leave it like it is. Check back next week for something a little better...and hopefully more pictures as time goes on!

PS- no post tomorrow- I'll be enjoying 4th of July KICKBALL STYLE!

4 comments:

David said...

Isn't it July 3rd?

cait said...

Why no political conversations? Patriotism does not mean blind faith. It means an informed decision, right? Perhaps Independence Day is the BEST time for conversations about our nation. Things we love and things that must change. As citizens, we are charged with the responsibility to care for our independence. One of the ways we can do that is by sharing thoughts with others.

That's just my two cents on patriotism...

Gridley said...

Politics, however, are not necessary to run a government, or a country. They may be inevitable, but they are not required. You can have an informed debate without politics. You can thus have patriotism without politics.

Raising Them Jewish said...

The trick here is that I said avoid 'Political conversation.' I think there is a stark difference between conversation about policies and politics. You, caitlin, are a highly informed human being who can discuss things without them boiling down to Democrat and Republican. That there is more to the conversation about what is actually going on then being divided by 'Politcal' lines....

who is THRILLED that not only is her blog being read, but inciting some discussion...