Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It's here

Tomorrow I leave for Israel. And, assuming that I do get on the plane...I'm excited. Let me tell you, it has been one heck of a rocky road.

Tonight my parents requested that I call them every single day. I thought this was a sort of RIDICULOUS request. Not only ridiculous, but highly stupid. I told them I wouldn't promise to call everyday. This started a huge argument.

My dad yelled at me. He told me I was mean, and that I didn't care about them. They don't see how calling them every day puts a strain on me. How discussing things with them takes me out of the moment.

I have to admit- I'm a bit nervous. I have NO PLANS for 13 days. That's a long time to have no idea what you're doing... I can see how that worries them...but what can I do about it tonight...less than 10 hours until I have to be at the airport. Perhaps, it's a little to late...

I'm excited- at least I'm trying to be....

1 comment:

Gridley said...

May God be between you and harm, in all the dark places you may walk.