Thursday, August 30, 2007

What do you think?

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I'm trying something new... I've always wanted there to be three columns on this blog. I found the template here: http://weblensblogs.blogspot.com/ (exact link below)

I'm having a few issues, but in general I like it... do you like the new pictures too? I also added a cute 'Print Page' but really I want to be able to happily format each posting for printing, like it's done here: http://cupcakeblog.com/

Issues:
  1. I can't seem to get the left/right under the header right. I really want it to be centered nicely.
  2. I wish that I didn't have to have a white header, but the title of my blog only wants to be in black. Any suggestions on how to change that/fix that?
  3. I wish that I was able to adjust the actual locations of things more- how much space they take up.

Don't be suprised as the blog takes on more changes. I really like the new format, but the actual styling may need to be tweaked while I decide what I like.

Any suggestions or comments WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

http://weblensblogs.blogspot.com/2006/02/build-three-column-blogger-template.html

Print Page

4 comments:

Gridley said...

Hmm. Well right now I see your title as invisible - black on black until I highlight it.

Your picture looks over-exposed; if that's deliberate than you're in good shape. It also appears to be cropped.

Being a function-over-form type myself, I'm probably not the best choice to comment on purely aesthetic changes. :-)

Raising Them Jewish said...

Wait- so you don't see the white picture with the flowers behind the title?

Mike said...

Hmm, I like the idea... The thing for me (and maybe this is because I'm looking at it on my tiny laptop display) is that the new title header makes the page too wide to completely fit on my screen. I also find it odd (but can totally see the logic) that the header is centred over the middle column. For me it would look better if it was left justified (but that's just me).

I have no problems seeing the graphic behind your title - it looks nice!

Gridley said...

I didn't see the white background for some reason, but I do now.