Wednesday, August 29, 2007

1:30am, and I was discussing life, liberty and a country's pursuit of politics.

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Last night was fabulous. Every so often I am able to find someone who happens to tolerate me well who is willing to allow me a little silly time. Where I can ask asinine things, point out oddities, be a little bit mean, and allow my mind to wander. Last night I was lucky enough to have this fun-loving attitude devolve into a 3 hour discussion about... well... about everything.

All I know about the discussion is that I won. I don't know if we were debating anything, but I still won.

History, religion, politics, education, stereotypes...nothing was off limits. Those of you who know me might be a little shocked...me talk about politics??? We discussed religion and NO ONE got upset. My roommate came in and got some water; in those brief moments she became so engrossed by the complex train of thought we created that she sat listening for 20 minutes before we even noticed.

I think the conversation started with me, while eating a strawberry popsicle, how great it would have been if Holocaust victims had strawberry popsicles in the concentration camps. Now, don't judge me, but the basis of this comment was that if they had strawberry popsicles (i just LOVE those words) they wouldn't have had to prick their fingers to try to make their lips and cheeks red and rosy. That's why you eat strawberry popsicles. They make your lips pretty!

While the conversation may have started on a rather ridiculous notion, it progressed and progressed and just kept going. It started at around 10:30pm, and ended at 1:30am. It could have gone on, but we were tired.

It's these conversations that let me know that love is not about sex or romance; intimacy can be a long conversation on a couch. I am definitely in love.

Print Page

No comments: