Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cambodia, Vietnam, Africa...?

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I have plans in place tentatively to head to Cambodia and Vietnam this summer. A very different experience than the now easy looking Israel trip.

Anyone been to Cambodia or Vietnam? Any ideas about how long I should really spend there?

I think that I can only take off about 2-3 weeks of vacation this summer. I really need to be here for the university, and honestly, I don't think I have the funds to spend any longer. Is it worth it to try and do both countries?

Is it a better idea for me to just focus on one place?

I also want to go on an African Safari. How do I have the money to do any of these things you're asking...? Well, honestly, I don't really. But I do plan on doing them. If I don't go now, when will I? I'm thinking about the African safari with my dad or my sister. Any of you interested?


Print Page

4 comments:

Gridley said...

OK, I've got to ask: why Cambodia and Vietnam?

An African saffari I can totally understand - sounds like it would be a blast, in fact. Though if you try to hire me to build a bridge I'm bringing armor and a high-powered assault rifle. ;-)

But what is the appeal of those parts of SE Asia, other than the road less travelled?

Raising Them Jewish said...

Well, here's the story. A friend I met in Israel is in India right now. She's then going to travel around SouthEast Asia. Unfortunately she leaves India before I can get out to visit, and she'll be in Cambodia/Vietnam when I can take vacation.

I like the idea of going somewhere exotic. I love the stories about these places, and I think they are goregous locations, hidden away by horror stories.

I want to travel to exotic foreign locations, and the fact that someone is willing to go to these places with me is a big PLUS!

Gridley said...

Well, that makes some sense.

At least this time you're not going somewhere on the State Department warning list...

will said...

i really want to go to addis ababa. let me know if this makes it onto your itinerary.