Thursday, October 25, 2007

what happened! It's almost been a week...sorry internet.

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Wow- a long time no write. Sorry about that folks. This means that this post is probably going to be fairly jumbled. Not jumbled enough for ellipses, but maybe....

I really liked David's post about saving money when you're young. I've been in a funk about the fact that the exact things that you should do when you're young are the most difficult. It's hard to save money when you're 20. (wow, that rhymes). It's also hard to travel with you're young, but it's the only time you have the money to do so. And...though this may be unpopular...it's also much more logical to have children when you're young. You can run and play with them, you have more stamina for late night feedings, but, again, no money. (okay, okay, maybe no love either).

Another rant of mine, which a certain friend got an earful of last night, I don't know enough history. This applies to history in general, but I'm specifically upset at my lack of knowledge of American History. I think these things are important. I want to really know what happened in the Civil war. I also haven't read the bible. Nope, not the old or the new.

Why are people so afraid of being blamed? It doesn't ever seem like I am able to have clear, constructive conversations anymore. Is it something I'm doing, or are people just so obsessed with their own non-wrong-doing-ness that they can't imagine constructive criticism?

Okay- I think that's it for today.

On another note, my family is doing okay. They are using my high school as an evacuation center and a lot of my friends are homeless right now; but we're doing fine. Possibly the RV is gone, but we won't know that until they open up Santiago Canyon road. Thanks for the concern....grrr...

This weekend is a full day of work on Saturday, and then Knotts Scary Farm Sunday night! WOOT!


Print Page

3 comments:

David said...

The North won.

will said...

i think people are insistent on shirking blame because so many people in america right now are intent on blaming someone. you hardly ever hear something on the news without them blaming or specifically not blaming someone. it seems a little silly. any sort of problem, from minuscule to disastrous always turns into the game of "who can i blame and who can i sue?" this would lead directly into my rant about how we should abolish the civil court system, but i will spare you.

Gridley said...

I wouldn't express that opinion south of Mason-Dixon and east of the Mississippi, David... :-)