Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving- or is it already Merry Christmas?

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me


I love Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite holidays because unlike most Jewish holidays there isn't any ceremony. Everyone gets together and just gets to eat. However with the Thanksgiving holiday over the whole world gets to celebrating Christmas... why is it that in southern California I get exceptionally annoyed by the fact that it's everywhere?

When I was in Pittsburgh it wasn't quite as annoying. It was actually rather nice. The snow was falling, the weather was cold and someone singing "baby it's cold outside" wasn't nearly as annoying as it is here with the sun and the palm trees.

I remember working at the card store, where each thanksgiving was followed by an intense night filling the whole store with Christmas and 'holiday' cards. Without fail each year someone would come into the store and lecture me on my impending damnation in hell. Of course because I don't believe in hell it's usually just funny to me. Do you want tape with that?

I went shopping, yes, I hit the stores on Black Friday. I bought some cute things and overall I'm very pleased with the whole experience. I love shopping by myself. The more girls you bring the more subjected I feel.

So, Happy Thanksgiving, and I guess Merry Christmas...


Print Page

1 comment:

will said...

i think it's annoying because the christmas things have been up at target (among other places) since mid-october.

just don't tell bill o'reilly you feel this way...