Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Yes, I'm a little odd; and no these thoughts didn't take more than 2 minutes.

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

There wasn't any traffic on the freeway today. I made great time for 9am. I'm always amazed at how traffic ebbs and flows. I understand there is an entire science behind it. Somehow I don't think that understanding it would make it any less annoying.

There was a bug on my desk this morning. I noticed it before I turned the lights on. I have this crazy ability to notice bugs. On Monday I noticed a bug that was crawling around on the floor in the light of the TV. It turned out to be a cricket and I was actually kind of sad that he died. But, since he was a cricket, I know that given the chance he would have cricked me to death.

I've discovered the most beautiful thing in my bedroom. And no, it's not my body. I took the 'summer' blanket that I have (yes, I live in Cali and I still try to adjust my life by the seasons) and I started using it like a sheet with my warm quilt on top. It's so great. Because, of course, I needed another reason not to want to get out of bed.

I just got my hands on a xylophone. I think I'm going to paint it, then screw it into the wall near my desk at home. Maybe in the kitchen. If I had kids that would be a great alternative to the normal triangle. Imagine a xy serenade to the kitchen.

I'm going to the magic castle on Saturday. I am so excited. I think I've been waiting for this moment my entire life- I hope that I can remember to have hopes and excitement, and not expectations....

I'm still ELATED about the GRE! I can't believe I did better than I needed to, that it's done, and that I won't ever have to take it again. Thank G-d it wasn't a waste of $140.

I read my Glamour magazine yesterday. I started getting this one because American Airlines told me to use my mileage on magazines because they were going to take them away. My sister loves it, but I have never been such a big fan. I can't help but wonder how it is that these magazines send people to Uganda... what? Uganda? Really?

I watched this ridiculous show called a shot at love with Tila Tequila last night. I happened to catch the episode with the huge, nasty cat fight. That fight was seriously amazing.

I hope I can keep my sanity through the next few days. I just have to remember to smile, think happy thoughts, and know that I love my family. I'm working on a surprise for the immediate family-I hope they are as excited as I am.


Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

I think you're more than a little odd, but...

The Magic Castle as in the private magic club?

Happy Thanksgiving!