Sunday, November 25, 2007

A lazy day, but a good one

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I had such a great night last night. I went with my friend to the Magic Castle. It's an exclusive magician's club in downtown LA. He took me with his whole family. We had a great dinner and an entertaining seance about Houdini. I saw three different magic shows, ate and drank my fill. It was spectacular, and I got to dress up. Thanks Rands!

Today I was exhausted from the late night out. Unfortunately Thanksgiving brought more than just turkey- it brought drama. It was a long weekend, with a lot of driving as well. So I took today to clean-up, wind down, and gear up for the next week or so of craziness. From now until the 16th things are quite crazy.

I dyed my hair tonight. I was quite nervous, but I'm happy to say that it turned out a nice shade of reddish brown. Just changing a little with the autumn season.

On a totally other note, any suggestions about who to help a family get along through wedding crises? It turns out, finally, that the grooms parents are not planning on contributing any money. Unfortunately for my sister the money my parents were going to give really isn't enough to cover the type of wedding fantasy my sister had. Lots of fights, lots of anxiety, and I'm just not sure that I can handle all of the pressure and conversation. I love them all, I really do, but I just don't think that I can take another year.5 of this crap. Any thoughts?

I miss my best friend. I will be strong and I will overcome. Here's to a successful adventure!

Print Page

3 comments:

Gridley said...

Do we get a picture of your new hair color?

David said...

the "whos" matter much more than any of the "whats" or "hows"

nobody will care about the food

Raising Them Jewish said...

Yes, a picture will be coming eventually. I took one a few days ago, but honestly, you might not even notice a difference.

I would like to believe that...but right now I can't convince anyone to start making things happen, rather than argue about them...