Saturday, December 8, 2007

Family Holidays

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Last night my family got together for Hannukah celebrations. It was actually a really nice time, hanging out, eating dinner, and everyone loved my pie.

I'm always turned inside out by gift giving. I thought that I did really well this year, but at the end of the morning today, I didn't turn out to have done as good as I thought I did. It turned out that my dad was not only disappointed with my gift, he thought he didn't have any use for it whatsoever.

It's not that I'm upset that he didn't like it, I'd rather that if he didn't like it that he told me- but I am upset that I spent so much time trying to figure out what I could give him, and I was totally wrong. Then to add insult to injury he asked me to return it for me. Great....

As for the gifts I got- the new GPS is totally ROCKING! Turn by turn directions, with street names. It's not the same as my Garmin, and probably not as good, but it's sleek and small and I love that.

All in all, a good weekend. I wish that I wasn't to tired to go to the party, and I wish that I knew where he was tonight...but everything can't be perfect....

Print Page

No comments: