Thursday, December 20, 2007

My first tree decorating, soon to be followed by my first X-mas dinner

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Last night my great friend Randy came home to CA. The two of us have a very interesting and funny relationship, a little of this, a little of that, and a lot of respect and caring. We went and saw I am Legend, which was reasonably decent, and then we went back to his house just in time to decorate the tree.

I have never decorated a live tree before. I never imagined how the whole experience could be so interesting, and with so many traditions.

There were the lights, which half of about 10 strings weren't working, all of the ribbon and the ornaments. More giggling than I've heard in a month, and a fake tree in the family room- with a REMOTE CONTROL! I totally fell in love.

Somewhere during the decorating Randy's mom (a woman after my own heart) started talking about Christmas dinner plans. She spoke about it in such details, and eventually I realized that she was under the impression that I had already accepted an invitation.

I can't say I'm not excited- because I am. I don't really care if it's Ham dinner with bacon on the side. I'm totally thrilled to be invited. What should I wear???


Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

"Silver and gold,
Mean so much more when I see,
Silver and gold decorations,
On every Christmas tree."

:-)

Merry Christmas