Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The conversation I thought would never come...and the outcome I'm eh about.

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I finally had that- what the hell is happening with work conversation. I'm pleased to say that it happened. I'm disappointed to say that it didn't have the outcomes that I wanted.

Namely I'm not thrilled with who my new boss is, and I'm not okay with being told I don't get a pay raise...grrr...

We looked at some interesting options, and they presented me with some interesting tidbits. Most upsettingly, that I am not a 'people' person. I honestly thought that I was a 'people' person. Perhaps things will get better (they told me that they had in the last few months). Maybe because I feel better in my role, or because my role is so undefined...who knows.

My therapist, however, said that she thinks my attitudes are doing very well- that I have a very healthy idea about my relationships and all of the things I'm involved with.

So, here's to some chips up in the air, and hopefully some will fall to the ground again. YEAH!


Print Page

3 comments:

Gridley said...

Well, not being a people person myself I'm hardly an expert, but I've always thought of you as a people person.

David said...

Socially, you are most definitely a people person. Work is often not social.

I am also not a people person. Nobody really told me until I was in my mid 30s. Take advantage of the notice.

Gridley said...

david makes a good point. The ability to work with people is not the same thing as the ability to get along with them socially.