Monday, December 31, 2007

A list of questions- from Mike

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Traveled alone in a foreign country, spent New Years alone, got the master's bedroom.


2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I made some for the Jewish new years, do those count.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not really- a distant cousin or two...

4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully no.

5. What countries did you visit? Isreael, Jordan, Mexico.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A good relationship with a significant other.

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Running down to the western wall after going up on Temple Mount. Being honestly scared that I had disobeyed G-d. I think another one is realizing that Matt didn't want to be with me, and that I was in the exact same place that I was last year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting offered two new jobs.

9. What was your biggest failure? Hard to say (I stole this one from Mike)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yup- my thumb skiing, my ankle playing soccer, and LOTS of bruises.

11. What was the best thing you bought? New clothes, and awesome red high heels!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I'm not sure- celebration is a big investment.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Mine- I led myself down the exact same road- way to learn from your mistakes.

14. Where did most of your money go? Rent- easily. Then entertainment

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The Magic Castle, Job offers, and Dicken's Dinner.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Our Song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? At this moment happier, this time last year I was really sad.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner- but hope full for more.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Seeing museums, dating, having sex.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Crying, having expectations, and supporting my own unhappiness.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? The first one I spent eating Christmas dinner- but I still had my chinese the night before.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007? I was in love, erroneously.

22. How many one-night stands? with sex- none. sleepovers, a few.

23. What was your favorite TV program? Eureka, Brothers and Sisters.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.

25. What was the best book you read? Hard question- Rabbi Artson's new interpretations of the Torah.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Jazz in general- I could have listened to it all night last night.

27. What did you want and get? A mixer- a cupcake cookbook!

28. What did you want and not get? Stability, a boyfriend, a trip to New York.

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Lemony Snicket (is that this year?) Je Te Paris Ame.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I forced people to come out with me for Italian, good times :-)

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Belief in my own happiness, and ability to get over the things I know aren't right for me.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Trying to be more fashion conscious- higher heels, better fits, and more fashion forward.

33. What kept you sane? Not sure- hating my job?

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Not sure- they are all so weird.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? The fence on the border of Mexico, and thoughts about how or if illegal immigrants should get social security.

36. Who did you miss? Caitlin, Shannon, Rustin, and Hallie.

37. Who was the best new person you met? Courtney Klienman, I guess technically I met her in 2006, but we became good friends this year. Follow that up with Tamar, Adi and Itay from Israel, and Aaron and Dave from Kickball. Wow- I guess I met a LOT of new people.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. You control your own reactions to things- if that's the only thing that you control, at least it's something.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. That's hard: "I make a smile so he won't see, that I can't even breathe, or do anything when he's near me." "This is for all you girls about 24, in little apartments, just trying to get by."

Happy New Year!

Print Page

No comments: