Thursday, January 3, 2008

Calorie Counting

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I'm so tired of it. I feel stupid while I stand there and try to work it out, and even STUPIDER as I compare three types of milk, when we all know EXACTLY which one I want (the calorific carton of chocolate).

How much does calorie counting actually help? I realize that in order to loose weight you have to work off more calories than you intake, but does it MATTER?

What about fat? Saturated, trans, and regular? Should I be trying to determine those things to? Which one is more important?

I've never really worried about it. I prefer 1% milk to 2% and to chocolate 90% of the time.

I can keep a bag of chocolate covered raisins or pretzels around my house for months on end, eating not more than a handful every week or so...

These seem like good habits to me. I guess the question is- will they continue?


Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

Well, I'm no health expert, but I do know that nutrition has more fads and meaningless trends then anything except the fashion world.

I've seen studies that suggest that your blood type can have as big an impact as your activity cycle on your dietary needs.

About the only study I've taken seriously was one that concluded that a person's activity cycle could vary their daily caloric needs from under 1,000 calories to over 4,000.

I'm also of the opinion that the medical "ideal weights" for people are assuming they have no muscle mass to speak of.

Anyway, I think the bottom line is I don't think you should count calories without having an expert taking a look at you, personally, to find out what your actual needs are.