Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm tired of people telling me that the Middle East is a bad place to live

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but I think I'm going to anyways. In about a year, to two years I will be moving to the UAE. I'm not going to tell you where, specifically, but suffice to say that I'm really not that concerned.

Today I got in yet ANOTHER debate about the woman in Saudia Arabia who was arrested for being in a Starbucks with a man who is not related to her. I understand that this idea may be quite drastic to us here. However, this was SAUDI ARABIA! Not the UAE. If I have to hear about it one more time...

I understand that I will need to be a modest woman, and that I can't be Jewish there...but at the end of the day I'm headed there with an American company. Can't I be secure in that knowledge...


Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

I'm not going to tell you where to live, and I've told you to be careful enough times already in your life, I think. :-)

I will say, I have a hard time imagining you as modest. I intend that as a compliment, BTW.