Monday, February 4, 2008

The new job

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I thought that by now I owed you all a little about the new job, before the Internet yelled at me.

I like it. It's a lot of work, but I like it. I have finally realized how crazy the life I had at my old job was.

The crazy amount of vacation I had, the crazy amount of sick leave and holiday days. The whole office I had to myself, not to mention the couch and free coffee and tea of any type. The fact that I could, and was requested, to put in my travel time in my own car for $ reimbursment. That I was the only one in my office on Saturdays and Sundays, and that no one was really paying attention to me.

Here, I'm in a huge office. I breathe odd and people know it. It's a 'small' company, and that means that things are a little odd. They create the image of caring for people a lot, but I'm not sold that they do. If they really did, then I would have more than 5 sick days. If they really did, then I would have more vacation than a week. If they really did, they wouldn't dock my pay if I go home sick for a half-day.

However, I do a LOT of work. Lots of meetings, lots of communications, lots of trying to figure things out. There are at least 5 people who are involved in every decision...

But, so far so good. I have to remember that Rome wasn't built in a day.


Print Page

No comments: