Sunday, March 2, 2008

Some Explaination...and what happened

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I appreciate the amount of talking my last post got everyone to. In answer to some of your concerns I will share this:


1. Yes, he is my 'ex' technically. However, we still see each other at least once a week, and speak on the phone almost daily. I think it was a few days ago when he said that he would love to 'mke me his' but didn't think he could do it yet. We've talked about marriage several times, and he's always told me that he could see himself with me for the rest of his life. If not now, when?

2. If he has said yes, I would be thrilled. I love him deeply, but am tired of waiting around for the 'right time.' This way he knows where my head is.


3. While yes, it could have been a joke, I did it because, if he said no, I could play it off that way. Then we could remain friends, but hopefully I could start to fully concentrate on finding someone who will say yes.


Whether good or bad, I did ask him.


The real conversation:


General conversation about the day then:
me: Do you know what today is?
him: Leap day
me: Yup. Do you know any leap day traditions?
him: No
me: Will you marry me?
him: is that a leap day tradition?
me: yup....well....
him: can I get back to you?
me: I guess so. The tradition was that it was the one day a year when women could ask men to marry them. If he said no then he paid her something to calm the rejection.
him: Like what?
me: depends on the country. From a kiss to a silk dress.
him: I think in this day and age a woman shouldn't wait for a Leap day to ask a man to marry her.
me: Certainly she doesn't have to. Any idea about when you might know?
him: I was deliberately vague....


There you go. He didn't even have a reaction. There was no 'really? or what!' There was just a processing of the question, and an answer (although a bad one to my mind).


How would he feel if the girl he proposed to said that...


We have plans today....I guess we'll see where this goes.

Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

I hope that you will find someone you can be happy with for the rest of your life.

If you've already found him, don't let him go.