Monday, January 5, 2009

3 months sure went fast

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Who would believe that just three short months ago I was just starting with UCI. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by, and how much I've learned. I know you learn a lot whenever you start somewhere new, I just can't describe how happy I am to be learning here.

On other notes, I'm trying to plan dates throughout the rest of the school year. Working occasional weekends has meant that I've needed to be extra diligent in trying to plan weekend getaways. I'm happy to report that m@ and I are taking our first little road-trip this month. I'm sure I annoy the hell out of him, but I'm just so excited. Road-trips are one of those things that I think are really fun, and traveling is something I think that M@ and I should really do more of together. It's something we both love, so why not love it together.

Let's see...what else. I've been scrapbooking a lot and reading a lot. I got myself a few great books, and I also got a few for the holidays. I'm looking forward to trying some of the wines in my 100 greatest wines book, and recipes from Miriam's kitchen. I've also invested in a library card so I can keep reading interesting things.

I'm trying really hard to integrate important spiritual readings into part of my Saturdays. I haven't found a temple yet, so I'm going to try to observe the Shabbat with a reading habit. I figure I start with Torah portions and end up with biographies and historical fiction. Anything that teaches me something new, right?

Do you believe in New Year's Resolutions? I can't decide. Part of me totally wants to make some, and then keep them and prove how cool I am. The other part of me realizes that I don't need a New Year to make changes, and that somehow doing them over the new years makes them somewhat more likely for failure. Hmm....



Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

For the New Year, I'm resolving to increase my exercise level for the third year in a row. While I haven't reached my target in any year to date, I have done more exercise each year, so it is sort of working.