Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Does anyone have a knife with which to cut the tension?

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I've tried really hard, but apparently the plastic throw-away knives just aren't enough...

Things here are starting to get just the slightest bit desperate. I didn't realize how much a bad economy would effect a public institution, but let me tell you, it sucks! Just yesterday the Acting Dean sent out a notice letting everyone know that they would be halting construction on the new building. The pride and joy of CTSA, and now it will just be a constant heartache every time I need to go to the Claire Trevor Stage. I really wish/hope/dream/pray that there will be an overload of donors rushing around to support this new building. It's just sad to know that because our building is supposed to be funded with state money, we can't fund it at all...

Additionally the reality around here is starting to be realized that we are going to be making some more hard adjustments before we are able to be through this... that staff are the 'bottom' rung of the neccessities. Perhaps just a step higher than contract employees. All my dreams of moving back out of my parents house are certainly on hold. Though, as M@ put it yesterday, I could just end up in the situation that with no job I would be 'forced' to move in with him. Think of the disaster **wink**.

On another note I think that all of my loyal readers should be thrilled right now. That's right people, two posts in ONE WEEK! Shock!

I'm going to try to get back into a regular weekly feature. I've been making lots of new recipies, so maybe I'll feature one of those... I've been working out A LOT and trying to lose a bit of weight, so maybe I'll do a progress update. My sister is also getting married so a weekly 'why weddings stink' article might not be to much of a stretch.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions on how much you DON'T want to hear about my sisters wedding? Speak now, Internet, or hold your tongue.


Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

Recipes are good. :-)

Weddings are fun to be in but terrible to plan. I recommend you suggest that your sister elope.