Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flower Deliveries make me happy

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Today Matthew sent two dozen roses to the office. My favorite part was probably the card "Because I can". I've shown the card to a few people, and they don't seem to find it quite as romantic as I do, but I just think it's awesome. There is no reason for flowers today, certainly not an occasion for roses, but I love them.

They fill my office with the scent of happiness. They are just starting to bloom into a beautiful existence.

On other notes, there have been lots of meetings at work. I think meetings are generally okay, but sometimes they really concern me. With the state of the CA budget, I am constantly on alert for thoughts or comments related to the words "pay cut" "Lay-off" or "Temporary measure". Not that anything has really happened, but the President of the UC system has asked the Board of Directors to approve the possibility for these things to happen. That's the first step.

I'm about to go into what I will kindly dub as "hell week". I'll be working every single night for the next two weeks. That's what happens when you are PMing two shows that open with in a week of each other, one of which is in rep, which means that you have two weeks of tech, not just one. Luckily the weekends are slightly separated, so I get one day off in each week.

Of course, it wouldn't be all wonderful if my sisters bachelorette party weren't right in there too! Talk about fun! I am truly very psyched for the whole event. I just need to finalize some little details. But, really, it's SO AWESOME! We're going to Temecula, I've rented a house, and we're doing Wine tasting. Just have finish the time line for myself, and figure out exactly how much food to buy 9 girls for the weekend.

YEAH!

Did I mention I have two dozen roses in my office right now :-)


Print Page

No comments: