Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stuck in Wedding Crazy, but on a slight job down moment

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

My sisters bachelorette party was last weekend. I have to say that I am eternally thankful that things went well. It started off a bit rocky with an extremely busy and challenging work week, but things finally got rolling when my cellphone died at the airport picking up Becca's friends.

The house we rented ended up being Awesome! I would totally recommend vacationrentals.com to just about anyone, since that's where we got the house from. It was a bit far from the wineries, but totally cute and cheap.

Friday night consisted of drinking (read 5 bottles of vodka, 4 bottles of wine for 9 girls), chatting (lots of new friends) and playing games (10 fingers and Dirty Words). We all stayed up until about 1am before finally turning in.

Saturday went perfectly, with the limo arriving at 10:50, complete with a cute driver. All of the wineries were great, and we started off things with Briar Rose. Probably my least favorite, but that was because we were the only ones there. Then off to lunch and wine at Keyways, which was at the cutest little table out on the patio. Lunch was great, and the wines were wonderful. Anyone want to buy me some Ice wine? Then we went to Leonese, where our driver went out and picked up some yummy hot brie/garlic bread. We polished that off with another 7 or 8 tastings. By the end of it, we were all wiped, and fairly drunk (read 6 glasses of wine!).

Saturday afternoon we napped, and showered, then some girls made this wonderful pasta dinner. We got all dolled up and went out on the town. Three bars later we were dancing at Club Eleven. We stayed out until almost 2am. For some reason cute boys really wanted to dance with me on my crutches, fun to say the least. Then back to the house for snacking and wonderful Mac N-Cheese. Yummy!

Sunday was quite quick, with basically good byes, some random moving of food, and me driving girls to the airports. Luckily things worked out okay, and I ended up at work that afternoon fine.

Some things were really funny. I found myself looking at my beautiful sister with tears in my eyes...that soon she would be a Wong, no longer a B--kser. Especially when someone commented on us as sisters. There were times when I just had to look away, but I know part of that is because she was so happy, and I'm so happy that she had a good weekend.

It was also mother's day, and although I didn't get to the Miller event, M@ did drop off flowers to my mom! He is an amazing man.


Print Page

2 comments:

Gridley said...

OK, what's "Ten fingers"?

You're the second person who's mentioned liking ice wine to me this year, and I'd never heard of it before! Given the rough winters up here, I suspect at least a few of the wineries have had an ice crop, however. ;-)

Oh, and I doubt the boys wanted to dance with you because of your crutches, randomgirl!

Gridley said...

Follow up: I was right, several places up here do have ice wine. Red, white, other esoteric term?

Gee, its a pity I can't ship alcohol out of state...