Thursday, April 16, 2009

Maybe Every Other Day...

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

A while back I was so diligent I was posting everyday. I had a reasonable readership and I felt that I was able to communicate relatively effectively. Well, that's gone out the window, but I'm really going to try two to three times a week.

My sister got into town on Monday to finalize some wedding details and make things happen. Her bridal shower is on Saturday, so we're working on that as well. I have decided to make the cupcakes.

I know, I just finished the 9 person Passover dinner, I have to work on Sunday and I'm basically insane. But... I really want to...

Not only do I want to, but I want to try something new. This is basically my philosophy of life. Having multiple people over whom you are trying to impress? Try something new! Cook something new, bake something new, and just to throw it all in there, even add a new theme or location!

So, I'm baking cupcakes. I told my sister to pick a recipe out of my book. Then I've decided that I will make candied lilacs for the tops of cupcakes. Cute, adorable edible flowers. Throw on some of those little silver candy balls, and I think you've got something beautiful. All the better if I can get the little balls to be black, instead of silver.

So I'm spending my lunch on the hunt for organic, pesticide free lilacs. Then on the way to the dinner party I have tonight, I'm going to try to purchase some little silver or black candy balls.

Did I mention that as I write this I am trying to talk down the wine tasting tour company, answer 4 work e-mails, find a good tailor for my bridesmaid dress and figure out how exactly I can fight my speeding ticket. Yup- that's me. Those lazy days are long gone until Alaska.

**for those of you following along, Matthew and I got our first piece of mail addressed to both of us. Then my parents told me that I couldn't have my wedding in December. Please note, I did not mention anything about an engagement**

Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

That first piece of mail is quite something, isn't it?

Of course, I got mine back in 8th grade, but I'm pretty sure that was a mistake.

Why not December, BTW? Of course, your parents might know something you don't... ;-)