Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Passover

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Happy Passover! Happy Easter! Happy Spring Equinox!

Passover is my absolute favorite holiday. Every where I go people are discussing the difficult cleaning rules, the lack of pizza and the general dislike of our Exodus remeberance event. For me, it's a pure joy.

This year I succeeded in a way I would have never thought possible. I cleaned a house for Passover, feeling reasonably to entirely sure that all the non-allowed Chametz was actually removed. Now, granted, I didn't search my house with a candle and a feather, but that $120 cleaning sure did a great job. I attended two seders, one lasting until almost 1am. I hosted a third, though slightly irrelevant, seder where I introduced this beloved holiday of mine to many new people. I successfully convinced those who live with me that they should avoid not only wheat and flour, but also the requisite corn and corn syrup us wonderful Ashkenasik Jews love so much.

Additionally I managed to make not just one new dish, but 4, each of which turned out quite well. I basted and roasted two entire chickens, and I felt quite good about the whole thing. I did all of that cooking after having attended an Easter Brunch.

I'm not going to say it was perfect, there were certainly enough tears to tell me that, but I am going to say that I think it worked, and that I'm slightly sad it's almost over.


Print Page

No comments: