Thursday, August 6, 2009

Now it's really official

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

On Monday they handed me my official 'your position is being eliminated' paperwork. YEAh! We sat in a meeting with some central HR people to understand our benefits and how we could go about re-applying for a job if we choose not to take severance.

Right now here are the things I'm working on:

1. Trying to decide if I should start grad school in the Fall. I would be starting at USC, with a tuition bill of a little over $8,000 for two classes. I would be taking classes on Monday and Tuesday from 4-7pm. I have to make a decision (read pay for classes) by Thursday August 20th.

2. Trying to find employment. I've been applying to A LOT of jobs, but I'm afraid that the 'cycle' for review will mean that I won't really get any interviews or information about the positions until September, by which time I will already have started the grad program if I do.

3. Should I go to Europe. For those of you playing along at home you may remember that the last time I got laid off I left on a month long cruise vacation. This time my parents are leaving on a similar vacation at the end of November. There is a possibility that I could both be in grad school and go on the trip, but only if there aren't any finals. This decision doesn't have to be made for a little bit, but I'm thinking about it anyways.

On another note, they decided to lay-off one more person. I'm not really sure if this is a lay-off technically. They have decided to terminate the contract of the marketing guy earlier than the original termination date. So, his last day is the 30th same as us. Unfortunately someone complained that he still had his job, so then he lost it. Totally ridiculous and sad.

Other than that, things are just okay. I'm trying to train for the Mud Run this year... I started training on Monday. No thoughts about how it's going quite yet.

I turn 25 this October. i know, ladies aren't supposed to say their age, but I'm really excited.

Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

Arming yourself with another degree is almost always a good thing, and there's always the chance that you'll be able to turn a contact in the degree program into a job.