Thursday, January 25, 2007

Are we Ready?

I want to start this post by saying that I have never considered myself a member of the politcal venue. I don't really follow politics, and I often don't really have opinions. I vote, every election, so don't chastice me for not caring; but to be honest, a lot of it I don't really care about.

So, that being said, I ask a paramount question: ARE WE READY? Hillary Clinton, Barak Obama- are we ready for a female president? Are we ready for a black president? I don't know. I didn't even think that we were ready for a jewish president.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not asking about myself, I'm asking about the NATION as a whole. It takes a LOT of people to elect a president.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16238556/site/newsweek/

WAIT! Other people are talking about this too. And can I just say that there are A LOT of good questions presented.

On another, not wholly connected note, I am tired of people criticizing our military men. These men and women are giving up their LIVES for us. Whether you think it's right or not, they are out there dying for something the president (you remember, that man we elected) is telling them to do.

If you really don't like it- work to impeach him. I STRONGLY believe that the people's words WILL be heard. It's only a matter of time before what we really want is what happens- if that's what we really want. Or is it only what a bunch of young 20 year olds who are to afraid to consider joining the military want?

Wow- I was going to try to keep this blog about me- but in the end we all know that my brain just goes where it goes, and does what it does.

So- WORLD! THIS IS ME, and THIS IS WHAT I THINK!

1 comment:

Gridley said...

I'm not sure if we're ready or not. I do think it would be a very bad thing for future non-white male candidates if either got their party's nomination, and then lost the election. I think that would be percieved as a rejection of any non-white male candidate, even if it was really a rejection of the person in question. I know quite a few people who wouldn't vote for Hillary if she was running against the devil, but might easily vote for some other woman.