Thursday, June 21, 2007

Harry Potter Movie

I've Seen the new Harry Potter movie! You may be saying to yourself right now, "I thought that wasn't coming out until July" and you would be right! But I have cool friends, who also think that I'm cool, and they TOOK ME TO SEE IT!

Okay- here are my thoughts:

Relationship to book: I felt like they left out a lot less that was really important in this movie. There were a few things, the Quibbler, the swamp, some fight scenes, but overall, everything felt right.

Movie itself: Some interesting cinematography. I was pleased with the pace of the movie. It didn't all feel like one day- it felt like things really happened. A good director really made the thing come alive. I liked that I really thought that the characters were older, wiser, and ready to take some new steps. Though they did manage to make me dislike pink a little bit :-/


Overall: A. Yup, just an A. A lot of the scariness of the movie has totally left. I wanted to be much more frightened of Voldemort than I was....

2 comments:

Gridley said...

Must... restrain... jealousy...

Well, actually I'd be a lot more jealous if you'd gotten ahold of Book 7 early. I've been progressively less and less happy with the movies, though PoA might be the low point if I set aside my expectations.

Raising Them Jewish said...

This movie was really good. I was quite unhappy with Movie 3...movie 4 was okay- but this one seemed great...

though a little of that could have been the absolute coolness of being able to see it really early!