Monday, June 11, 2007

So I didn't post everyday- and to be honest I knew I wouldn't post over the weekend. I don't have my computer on, and I don't really care to. I hope that today's late post will not turn my new readers away...

I can't help thinking today about how many weird habits I have. I leave my clothes on the floor, but my bed has to be made. I love to debate things, but I hate following politics or current events...

I want to know how my parents created me. Not how did they have sex and give birth (I've had the birds and the bees talk), but how did they end of making me who I am. The genes versus environment story. I have NEVER done drugs. I haven't ever smoked a single cigarette, pot, anything. I didn't really even drink alcohol before I was 21. I never even considered having sex or getting pregnant while in high school. I clean my room, I answer my e-mail, I love my parents. I have strong religious ideals and I have a generally acceptable moral standard.

HOW DID THEY DO THAT!??? and more importantly...how can I?

Yes, I will admit that there are still some things that I do that aren't what I would like to be doing...I think that sometimes I still end up sending the wrong message when I don't want to...I think to much about money and finances...

Eh...does it matter?

3 comments:

David said...

don't they say children rebel against their folks?

Were they married and you conceived in high school?

Are they dealers or something?

Do they put away their clothes but not make the bed?

Gridley said...

I guess it is inevitable that the best of us will try to be perfect, but sometimes it makes others of us feel kind of pathetic.

I think the fact that you are worried about it is a good sign at this point - it mean you care, and are thinking about it.

Raising Them Jewish said...

Hmmm...nope..sorry Dave. It is true that my father didn't graduate from high school (he got his GED later) and that he didn't technically get accepted to college. On the whole, however, I don't seem to be doing the opposite of them.

Except the clothes thing- you are spot on there.