Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harry Potter!

This is less of a Tip, and more of a commentary:

Harry Potter:

1. I think that Snape is good. Contrary to the popular opinion... I think he did what he did because Dumbledore wouldn't have wanted Draco to kill him.

2. I really do think that Dumbledore will come back. There was something about a Phoenix flying out of the ashes during Dumbledore's funeral.

3. I want Harry and Ginny to get married. I think they are cute together, and totally going to workout for the better.

4. I want Harry to go back to Hogwarts. I think he needs to finish school, I think there are people around him at Hogwarts who can help him with the Horcruxes.

5. I'm not sure whether it's Sirius's brother who got the Horcrux. Perhaps there is some other person that we've forgotten about, or that we didn't pay attention to.

Here's the question that I want to know: Do you think that the locket Horcrux is actually destroyed? Put in your responses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think sirius will come back too. I think he won't go back to hogwarts - i think the weasly brothers leaving sets a precedent for not needing to stay at hogwarts to be successful. I think snape is mixed - he's the classic example of mixed motives, but i think he sides more with dumbledore,yes. I can't wait either!
-Alison P

Gridley said...

Hmm. Well, I disagree with you on #1, but then I've thought Snape was evil for quite a while now, so I'm not as open to debate as I might be.

I disagree on #2 as well, at least assuming you mean "come back as a living human"; if you mean something else... well, that's entirely possible. I've got a fairly "out there" theory that says that's where phoenixes come from in this world - which, of course, raises the question "who is the wizard who became Fawkes?" and I have an even more "out there" answer for that one. :-)

#3. Yup. I'd like to see that too, and assuming they both live I think it will happen eventually. Whether it will happen in the books... not really sure.

#4. I'd like to see that, but I'm leaning towards thinking we won't, at least not immediately. Maybe he'll go back after he destroyes Voldy.

#5. I think it was Regulus - I was puzzled about who RAB might be when I finished HBP, but then when I re-read OotP and chatted on PS.net... OK, that was too many acronyms, but I think it was Regulus Black, and I think it was destroyed. If not, we saw it in OotP (the chapter where they're cleaning the house early on), and Harry will have to trace it from there.

Raising Them Jewish said...

Alison! Yeah! thanks for the thoughts- I cannot WAIT for the book to come out.