Friday, August 3, 2007

Weekend Plans

Well, this wraps up my posting on RandomGirl's blog. I have tried to be random. I haven't tried to be a girl. I probably wouldn't be any good at being a girl. On the other hand, I feel that I am very good at being random.
 
Right, moving on.
 
Saturday I'm going with three other people to the Gig Harbor Ren Faire. ( http://www.washingtonrenfaire.com/ ) This will be the third year I've gone to this faire.
 
I'm highly curious to see how the Heir of Heather Alexander is shaping up. Two years ago I knew of the March of Cambreath, but none of Heather's other songs. Two years ago I spotted her name on the list of performers while at Gig Harbor and said "Hey, I should catch a show." I learned there that Heather is a true Bard, and she became one of my favorite musicians. Heather has now moved on, but "The magic never dies..."
 
I'll be going in garb, and trying for the first time how well wearing a sword that is not a gladius works out. A gladius is a short sword that is carried vertically high on your dominant hand side. It is thus very easy to move around with and almost never gets tangled on things, people, or your own cloak. Most swords, however, are suspended at an angle rather closer to horizontal on one's weak hand side. Hopefully I will not maim anyone, including myself.
 
Sunday I intend to call a few people and that's about it.
 
Farewell, good gentles, it has been a pleasure stopping by your fire.

--
And a time for every purpose under Heaven
Gridley, signing off

No comments: