Friday, September 14, 2007

Shabbat Shalom, Good Yom Tov

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Today was a much better day. Now mind you, I didn't do anything particularly wonderful; I just feel okay. My paper is done (at least the first draft) and I'm relatively pleased with it. My desk is reasonably clean...that's nice.

I tried to celebrate Rosh Hashanah at lunch today. During this experience though, I was baffled by the treatment of two brothers with each other. The Rabbi's children were awfully violent with each other. Kicking, screaming, hitting. The older actually HIT the younger on the head with a little metal toy car. And it seemed like NONE of the adults really cared. I watched the Mom make attempts to make things better and dish out punishment, but there WASN'T any.

I do NOT want to be in a household where my husband has to deal out all punishments. I refuse to allow my children to be ruffians. I think it's a matter of starting out well with the first one. I often believe that most childish violence starts at the top and works its way down...

Hmm... mother's any thoughts?


Print Page

No comments: