Monday, November 19, 2007

Fighting the instinct, the quest for happiness

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I have decided that I will be happy. I have decided that this quest may not be as simple as I want it to be, in fact, it will probably be very difficult. However, I want it.

The question then remains, what is causing me to be unhappy? I don't think that there are people or situations or things that I can remove from my life. The things that I can affect are, and have always been, the way I respond to the things that happen in life.

I am going to change my expectations. In fact, I'm going to strive to REMOVE expectations from my life. It seems that the place where most people are challeneged by expectations, at work, is not where I am. I place expectations on people, friends and events all the time. All I end up doing is creating unhappiness. If my expectations are wrong, then I'm angry and upset. If they are right I'm not thankful that it happened, I'm probably just blaze.

So- no more expectations. I have just a few. I still expect not to get beaten by my boyfriends, that my parents will love me, and that my friends will not abuse me (emotionally, physically, etc).

I am also going to try to take a stance about the way I react to things. I CAN have an effect on the way I react. So, here goes.


Print Page

No comments: