Thursday, November 29, 2007

I guess that Birthright did what it was supposed to....

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Last night I found myself, again, in a conversation about Israel. I'm not saying in any way that this is a bad thing, but I am continually amazed at the dedication I now show in defending and supporting Israel.

They do have problems. They do things wrong. Per the conversation last night- yes it would be accurate to say that they are associated with the US through all the goods and bads. That, certainly in part, the existence of Israel is due to the US.

I never really cared before. Now that I know the people, I've met those soldiers, their families, their burned out kindergartens.... I just can't help but have a deeper understanding of the plight.

I guess that birthright did what it was supposed to. I had already started blaming it for my new zeal and lust for travel and new adventures. I guess that the fact that I care so much is pretty directly related to the experience I had there as well.


Print Page

No comments: