Friday, November 16, 2007

It's not Narcissim...I promise.

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

There are days when I look in the mirror and I genuinely think that I'm pretty. Honestly, it's not like I'm staring at myself, but I do think that I have a certain beauty to me. I love those individual moments when, as I've just finished brushing my teeth and I look up in the mirror before I turn out the light, I catch my own eyes and I really do think that I'm pretty.

As a person I'm generally comfortable in my skin. I sleep naked, I spend much of the time in my apartment naked or in my underwear...I just think that this is how G-d made me, and that I should be pleased with what I am. I think I look good in dresses and skirts, just the same in pants and t-shirts. (no shorts, me and shorts do NOT get along).

90% of the time I think the underwear I'm wearing makes me feel like a sexy vixen. I totally love it.

And no, contrary to popular belief, I don't wear this underwear purely to please someone else who may look at it. I feel good knowing that I'm wearing a matching bra and panties. That I'm helping to keep boobs looking perky and my who existence sexy.

Not sure what brought all of this out, and again, I will specify that I am not narcissistic, but I do love myself- there's no shame in that.


Print Page

3 comments:

Gridley said...

As you should - and you are pretty. :-)

"Lovely to look at, delightful to know..."

Mike said...

There's certainly nothing wrong with having a good opinion of yourself! It's a healthy thing, I think. Many of us don't and that's a shame.

And while I know you're not fishing for compliments, you are pretty cute. :)

will said...

i hate to throw this in, but the webster's definition for narcissism is "love of or sexual desire for one's own body". maybe the lesson here should be that narcissism shouldn't necessarily be considered a bad thing? i feel like love for one's own body should generally be viewed as a positive