Friday, January 18, 2008

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Yesterday was not a great day. About 12 microphones (AKA every microphone the production department owns) were stolen from the Audio closet. I happened to walk into the closet with my boss to discover the theft.

It pisses me off. I've been here for a year and a half and never even spoken to the police department, except that one time when I lost some jewelry (which they never found). Now there is an entire theft under my name. Damn it! These are the moments then you need kickboxing. I wanted something to kick and punch at that moment.

Then I found out that my boss rejected my, somewhat sneaky, plan to get health insurance in February. Had I known, I would have called in sick and taken my cat to the vet. GRRR!!! So not only does my cat not get to meet with the vet, but I also need to start paying Cobra insurance at a whopping $300 a month until the new insurance kicks in. GRRR!!!

So I decided to try something new. I tried to bake bread from scratch. I don't really understand yeast. It didn't really work all that well. The bread is extremely dense, and doesn't look that Challah like. It's golden brown, but it didn't rise at all....why...? WHY????

There should be happiness here. Let's try to find some:

Friday Love:

I woke up singing this song. It's great to wake up with.
I get to take this weekend and next weekend off. I don't have to work for 13 days in a row!
I had someone to call and complain to. It's a new friendship, but I'm excited.
The sun shines
I got all of my medications
I still ate some challah and honey
My new lip gloss- bright red
Shabbat Shalom...that's great!
Rustin is coming home.

Ah. So, it's not all that bad...

Print Page

No comments: