Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tu B'Shevat

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I forgot. I didn't really celebrate this holiday. I ruined my own goal to celebrate all of the holidays. Then I remembered that I didn't promise to celebrate them the right way. I promised myself to celebrate or acknowledge all of the holidays within the Jewish Calendar.

So here I am, acknowledging the holidays of trees and fruit. I ate a banana and a pear and an orange yesterday. That's something....

Basically it's like a harvest holiday. But on another level, aren't we all like trees in some way? They need air, water and sunshine. We need all three of those things. They grow tall when they can put their roots down deep. So do we. I don't necessarily mean foundation as in parents, or roots, as in a home you own. I think roots refers to a good feeling of knowing yourself. Of knowing who you are, and what makes you tick. The roots of your soul.

So, today, be like the tree. Smile happily at the sunshine...


Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

"The roots of your soul"; that's a really nifty image.