Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A whirlwind of feelings

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

A few days ago I had wanted to write about how much feelings have changed. About how interesting it is when you can change/remove feelings of love that you had for a person.

I've tried to do this in the past, but I really think that it's working this time- perhaps to my actual detriment. It's an odd feeling. Just to feel so far removed from someone you used to feel so close to. To know the fact that they are so far away isn't going to really affect your life as much as you thought it might, or think that it should.

Then I found out my Uncle died. I still can't seem to get over this one. It's an odd story, followed up by odd feelings of sadness. Unexpected and weird feelings. Part of it is really that I feel like I don't have any right to feel as sad as I do. That I don't deserve to mourn him because I wasn't as large a part of his life as I should have been.

Then I got offered a great job. I should clarify that I did, formally and actually, get offered a job. I didn't, however, have any offer financially attached to it. The creative guy said that they had a desk, and that if I wanted the job that they wanted me. He proceeded to tell me to talk to the HR people, work out the money stuff and that he was looking forward to working with me.

They really do have a desk for me. In a company growing at a pace leaps and bounds ahead of desk space there is an empty desk, sitting there empty. It has a yellow post-it with my name. Yup- I have a desk for a job I haven't accepted.

It's funny to have gone to this office for the 5th time. To know so many people that those who don't know you are wondering what they are missing.

It's a great job. When all is said and done it is a huge management position, a year or two in the UAE, and a wonderful accomplishment for my resume. Damn proprietary information and the fact that I can't share more than to say it's the 777 project.

I have plans every night this week. I have a party this Saturday, and two scheduled for next weekend.

Time flies when you're having fun.


Print Page

2 comments:

Gridley said...

As in, the 777 project that the company I work for has? Or is this one of life's unbelievable coincidences?

Congrats on the offer regardless, hot property! :-)

Gridley said...

Wait, the UAE as in the United Arab Emirates?!?