Monday, March 17, 2008

I want a secret pen microphone

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

Have you ever had one of those moments when you want to be able to hear what other people are talking about? I have those moments ALL THE TIME. Today, I wished, once again, that I could place a little secret microphone on someone to listen in on their conversations.

It's not that I want to steal information that's private... well...okay... It's just that I want to know when someone is talking about me. I want to know that they are discussing me, so I can understand their thoughts, and react to them on my own.

Often times people don't really share their thoughts about you. It's rude, certainly not the most professional thing to do, at least from the PC world we live in.

But I'm not like that. I want to hear your thoughts...the only problem is that I don't want to have to hear them from your mouth. I don't want to sit in a room, because I will probably cry. I want to hear them discreetly, and internalize and process and become better....

So, I guess, the answer is to IM me, send me an e-mail, or drop a note on my desk. No, anonymous doesn't really help.... I need to know who you are, or I can't figure out what part of my process is wrong...


Print Page

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to know what I think of you, you have to ask me in person. It's not an IM conversation for me.