Monday, June 9, 2008

I just can't seem to do it anymore

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

First, practical information. Plans for the trip are going okay. I have applied for about 10 new jobs, so hopefully someone will call me back. Yeah!

On to a rant, because I want to. We have a returnable culture. By this I mean that everything here can be returned. Flowers that you bought start to wilt, return them. Don't like the bed sheets, dress, book, hair color... return it! We can return anything. Don't like the new cat you just adopted, you have 7 days to get your money back. Is this a good thing?

I love being in America, and I know that NO ONE in Europe does this crazy return thing. There, if you walk away from the cash register, even if you turn right back around... you're totally stuck with it. You hand over some money, it's not coming back. Like it or not.

Does this returnable culture affect us in more ways. Are we incapable of committing to something new, all because we have this crazy returnable culture? Don't like your husband... return him...?

Frustration.

Print Page

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I nearly had a heart attack - I was looking at something unrelated on the web and thought I saw a picture of you... topless. It wasn't you, but her face at the right angle looks EXACTLY like yours.

I've never had that happen before; think I saw someone and have it turn out not to be them in the picture like that.

I hope this doesn't creep you out or anything. I was not looking for pics of you nude or anything like that. I do think anyone who's had the priviledge of seeing you nude is a lucky devil. :-)

Anyway, just remember: you really are beautiful enough to be a model, and I'd bet anything you're smarter and funner than she is too.

Gridley said...

I don't think it is a good thing. I think people should be held responsible for their actions. That being said, if a store wants to accept returns, that's their business. They shouldn't have to, but they should be allowed to.

Good luck with the job applications!