Saturday, June 14, 2008

Perhaps when I get a job....

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I have been applying for LOTS and LOTS of jobs. It's sort of difficult, because some of them I really want. Some just sound interesting and I think I should apply. But either way, I just don't have the answer yet. I'm not sure what I want to do...

Live Theatre: Back to my roots say some. I love theatre, I really do. But after 4 years at CMU I realized that I get frustrated doing the same thing everyday. So, no stage management on a long-running show. I get frustrated with production management because every show it's the same problem with the small off-stage and the wide procenuim, and... and...and... However, I love the people. I love the accomplishment that comes from being done with something. I love being able to sit there and know that I was a part of something. I miss having something I can have friends and parents come and watch...

Student Affairs: The new direction. I have always loved being part of things. I think that student affairs combines, at least for me, the best of making an event happen and helping someone through something/helping someone figure something out. I've always been a see a problem, fix it type person. The one who really wants to help people figure out where to go, and how to get there... I love planning the events others think are stupid. Winter Gala? I'm there!

Grad School: The cheater? I can't help but think this is cheating. I'm just not sure why I applied. Well, I sort of know. Because I could. Because I was there and there wasn't any reason not to.

HMMMM...

On other notes, I got new soccer cleats today. They worked out okay. I'm a little frustrated by my playing as of late, so I'm going to have to work on that when I get the chance. I want to play well, be better than I've been in the past. I want to feel like I have control of the ball, and not tired after 10 minutes of playing, sun or no sun.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

Have you ever considered non-profit work? Many charities have a few paid staff who tend to the logistics of running events.