Friday, June 20, 2008

Vietnam first day

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I can't even believe that I am here. I got on a plane to go half-way around the world to a place that I really know little about, and a person I haven't seen in almost a year.

And so far, I'm having a good time. No crazy theviery, just tired, a LONG day, and well, yeah...

Esther is trying to convince me to travel for longer, and try to change my ticket. Technically she's trying to have me diregard my ticket to Siem Reap, and instead enter the country via a boat on the Mekong. It sounds great, but that's about $150... not to mention having to change the ticket for the way home, since it isn't enough time to imagine that we could see the Mekong and Siem Reap is 4 days...

I have mixed feelings. Part of me says HELL YES... but a very large part of me realizes that I need to get to working on what's going on with my life... and that I would want to travel parts of this region again...

What to do?


Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

I'm torn between my natural inclination to advise you to make the most of your trip, and a selfish desire to preserve the chance of meeting you in Las Vegas in July. :-(