Friday, July 18, 2008

Interviews Ahoy!

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

I've had two interviews so far. I think they both went well, especially since one was in person and one was a phone interview. It's funny to try to comprehend the job responses I've been getting, who has called me back and who hasn't...

I won't go into details about the interviews here, if you want to know you can call me, but needless to say one job might be a little above me, and one might be a little below me. We'll have to see where it all lands.

I've been inundated by engagement announcements. People I thought might never get married, let alone get married before me, are totally engaged. I know that's ridiculous, to think that I should be married first, but it's true. I'm happy for them, but I can't help wondering what's up with me...

My parents didn't meet, let alone get married, until after they were both 30. I know that's totally reasonable and okay, but I always thought it would be different for me. I always thought that I would be making that transition sooner...

I used to think that I just wanted to be a stay at home mom, but I realize that I love working. I'm a hard worker, and I'm good at the jobs I do. I don't want to have kids tomorrow, but I want to have the opportunity to be with my husband, to make a life with him before we add kids to the mix.

I guess I'm just feeling a little frustrated by 'life planning'.

I know, man plans and G-d laughs. But I always thought that woman was supposed to...

Print Page

No comments: