Friday, August 28, 2009

The planning has started

One would hope that I add something to the world- be it good, bad, or indifferent- Me

On Wednesday Matt came down for his usual weekday night with me. We've been doing the Wednesday night thing for about 3 years now, it's sort of our thing. This week he was able to come down before dinner, so we went out to Sonny's in San Clemente. While we were there we took a walk on the pier and really just enjoyed the night. On a whim, we headed over to the Casa to see if we could just swing by.

Luck was in our favor, since the Casa was open that night for an open to the public poetry reading. We wandered about and discussed possible options for our wedding. I didn't remember the place being so small, but we had LOTS of great ideas as to how to make it possible.

Then we headed back home and stopped by Matt's parent's house to pick up some avocados. We sat with them and just chatted about the wedding. I can't tell you how nice it was to just sit in the living room and just start discussing things casually. His mother asked me and Matt what we were thinking about the wedding, really allowing us to have our ideas out on the table.

There are still LOTS of questions with the Casa, and Mom and Dad want Matt and I to go and look at a few other places, but we've chatted about our first possible date! YEAH!

I can't believe that it's August, and that by this time next year I will have been married for a few months.

Print Page

1 comment:

Gridley said...

So you've set a date? When?

Oh, and congratulations again!